Back Pain At Work
An active approach to recovery that includes appropriate treatment and home/work self-help plans that result in return to work, is better for everyone. It is also usually better than inactivity and bed rest which may actually worsen some problems.
The British Occupational Health Research Foundation states:
- Back pain is the largest single reported cause of absence from work
- 40% of the population are affected by back pain
- 50 million working days per year are lost due to back pain
- Approx £5 billion a year in sickness and absensce costs is lost due to back pain
At Longlevens Chiropractic & Sports Injury Clinic we work closely with a number of Gloucester’s employers with successful and well respected referral schemes that ultimately help to reduce time and money lost to sickness and absenteeism caused by injuries such as back pain, neck pain, repetitive strain and other musculoskeletal problems.
- Visit your premises and hold injury assessment days
- Offer ergonomic work station assessments and advice
- Give informative and industry relevant talks and presentations
- Take part in health and safety events and other day events
- Attend and support sporting events and team building events
We provide effective and professional chiropractic care. The earlier treatment is sought, the quicker and more effective it is likely to be, and so a referral scheme is of paramount importance in helping to keep your workforce happy, healthy and free of back pain. Contact Practice Manager, Leah Rose, today on 01452309372.