Massage Therapist Rachael Merrett is skilled in a variety of massage techniques, including the treatment of women before during and after pregnancy. Rachael holds a specialist qualification in the functional movement of the body before, during and after pregnancy. This enables her to identify exactly which structures are likely to be causing discomfort during pregnancy, and to treat them effectively.
Benefits of having a specialist massage whilst pregnant
- Can help with the reduction of stress, tension and anxiety
- Can help with the reduction of pregnancy related swelling in hands, feet and ankles
- Easing of muscular discomforts, as a result of being pregnant, in areas such as the lower back & neck, the calves, as well as reducing tension and tightening that can be experienced throughout the body
- Helps with relaxation which in turn can increase quality of sleep whilst pregnant
- Increases blood and lymph flow which can help increase the elimination of toxins through the circulatory and lymphatic systems, this can also help with fatigue and in the delivery of more oxygen and nutrients to pregnant mother and baby
- Increases oxygen in the blood
- Stimulates the release of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers, into the brain and nervous system
- Can help to relieve the symptoms of anxiety and/or depression
- Can help to ease stress after giving birth
If you would like more information about pregnancy massage or have any questions, then please feel free to call us, our reception staff will be happy to help in any way they can. Free 20 minute massage taster sessions are available if you would like to meet Rachael to help determine whether or not pregnancy massage is right for you, and may include a few minutes of hands on massage for you to sample what a treatment may consist of. Call 01452309372 to book.