- Choose a light weight and the adjust pulley height so that it is near the top setting or use a theraband attached to the top of a door.
- Stand in a slight lunge position with back leg on same side as pulley and engage pulley so cable/band is tight and light weight is engaged allowing your shoulder to be pulled up and forward.Using your shoulder only and keeping your elbow straight set the shoulder blade by depressing your shoulder ‘back and down’.
- Allow your shoulder to return to the start position.
- Perform the same movement again but this time follow through with lat dorsi pull down (see fig.3). Repeat 20 times once a day.All of the exercises detailed here are for specific problems or injuries. It is always recommended to consult your practitioner before attempting any exercises.
- Below are some theraband/cable exercises which must be performed with your shoulder blade set in the position as shown in Fig 1 above, “back and down”.
- Do not swing your body into the movements as this will be ‘cheating’ and not working the correct muscles we are aiming for. Low to medium weight (or theraband) for 20 reps once a day. Do not use too much weight.
All of the exercises detailed here are for specific problems or injuries. It is always recommended to consult your practitioner before attempting any exercises.