Stretch the right Sternocleidomastoid muscle:
- Feel along your right collar bone with your left hand, till you find the point where there is a hollow in the middle of your chest (this is called the ‘sternal notch’)
- At this end of the collar bone use the palm region just beneath your thumb to clamp down generally the top of this part of the collar bone (no need to be too specific)
- Remember to take ‘skin slack’ by dragging up on to this point
- Rotate your head to the left and tilt your head back.
- Feel the stretch on the right side of your neck (the muscle should stretch, not your skin) and hold for 20 seconds. Play with the rotation till you find the spots which work best.
- Repeat on opposite side
If you would like to find out more about our clinic, or how we could help you, please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can use the contact us page of this website or phone 01452 309372.
All of the exercises detailed here are for specific problems or injuries. It is always recommended to consult your practitioner before attempting any exercises.