- Use the palm region just beneath your thumb of your right hand to clamp down in the inside aspect of the collar bone on your left side so that your lower thumb is hooked round the collar bone.
- Shorten the scalene muscles by looking to the left and flexing your neck slightly, now reapply the pressure applied by your thumb on the collar bone.
- Tilt your head to the right (ear to shoulder) and then tilt your head back while looking to the right.
- Feel the stretch on the left side of your neck and hold for 20 seconds.
- Repeat a few times varying the amount of rotation to stretch all of the Scalenes. (3 positions).
If needed reverse the above for the right scalenes.
If you would like to find out more about our clinic, or how we could help you, please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can use the contact us page of this website or phone 01452 309372.
All of the exercises detailed here are for specific problems or injuries. It is always recommended to consult your practitioner before attempting any exercises.