All exercises to be performed once daily but never within the first hour of waking up. Stop immediately if any pain, nausea or dizziness is experienced and if symptoms persist stop the exercises and consult your practitioner.
- Place the gym ball on the floor under your chest and stomach, place the soles of both your feet up against a wall to help support your body weight ready for the next step. The wider your feet are, the more support you’ll get.
- Extend your knees so that the gym ball rolls down your body, when your knees are fully extended the ball should be under your lower stomach and hips. The top half of your body should stay straight in line with the rest of your body. Your arms will move from around the ball to out to your sides, with palm down at 30 degrees.
- When your body is fully straight hold for 10 seconds, repeat this 10 times, “10 for 10”
- Lay on the gym ball so that your waist is supported centrally and your hands are on the floor in a press up position.
- Put your feet together and lower them till they touch the floor.
- Raise them again till they are in line with the rest of your body hold this position for 10 seconds.
- Repeat 10 times or “10 for 10”
- Lay on your side on the gym ball with the ball at waist height and your legs spread wide touching a wall for stability.
- Raise the upper half of your body up so it is straight in line with your legs. Only use the muscles on the side of your waist. Hold for 10 seconds.
- Lower back down so your side muscle relaxes and repeat 10 times, “10 for 10”
All of the exercises detailed here are for specific problems or injuries. It is always recommended to consult your practitioner before attempting any exercises.