To be performed every 20 minutes (exercise only lasts 10 seconds), a little tip is to set an alarm reminder or place a note on the corner of the screen that you are using!
- From the seated position, edge forwards to the front edge of your seat, legs should be out at 45 degrees either side and body weight distributed through them nicely.
- Sit up straight and straighten both arms, bring both arms back and down behind your body so that your chest pushes out forwards.
- Take a deep breath in, then breathe out and push your chest even further forwards tucking your chin in at this point. (tuck chin in, straight back, do not flex the neck)
- Hold this position for 10 seconds and then return to previous activity.
- Repeat again in 20 minutes time.
The reason behind this exercise is that it is an extreme stretch that reverses the position we find ourselves in at the desk. What occurs gradually to our body over 20 minutes is theoretically being reversed in 10 seconds of extreme stretching!
Let me know if you have any questions at all and I will recap these stretches in clinic and progress them to strengthening very soon.
If you would like to find out more about our clinic, or how we could help you, please do not hesitate to get in touch. You can use the contact us page of this website or phone 01452 309372.
All of the exercises detailed here are for specific problems or injuries. It is always recommended to consult your practitioner before attempting any exercises.